Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 60 Criss Cross Applesauce in First Grade


Holly is a fellow first grade teacher.  I loved reading her blog.  She has a delightful sense of humor which comes through in her postings.   Her blog is called Crisscross Applesauce.  Now who hasn't used that term or at least heard it said before?

Between her fun take on teaching and life as a teacher and mom...she also seems to be amazingly creative with her fun theme units.  I want to sell more of my own so I have the money to buy more of hers! shhh...don't tell my hubby, because I think he has other plans for my earnings!

I learned something new today from her blog too!  If you put a frozen spoon under your pillow when you go to bed, it can bring about a snow day the next morning!  Bet you didn't know that one did you now?  lol....it may not work when you want to extend that 3 day weekend in May into a 4 day weekend...but maybe in January?!?!  I will have to give it a try next winter!

Be sure to visit her TpT store.  She has some fun freebies to give you a taste of her talent.  I found this amazing poster that I'm going to print up.  You know that saying..."

You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."

Well, Holly has a much better twist on it that I am going to start using with my 1st graders!


That is a much more positive message!!  I love it!
Here is the link to go directly to her TpT Store and download it for your class!

It will go hand in hand with the one I use every day....

If you're not Listening
You're not Learning

This is what I say whenever I start a lesson and I am trying to get them all to focus and listen to the very important directions I'm about to give.  I say the first part...they come back with the second part.  They love it and it works...plus it's a little moral message that is sinking into their brains as well!





5 comments:

  1. Wow, you just made my day more than you know! Thanks so much for the kind, kind words!!!!!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you 100%! Love Holly!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great taste! Holly is one of our treasures
    For sure!!!!
    Glad your snow day worked out:)
    Squirrels
    Go Nutty with Me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Holly!! Thanks for sharing her sign, I hadn't seen it yet!

    ReplyDelete