Sunday, September 16, 2012

Another Funny Thing I Heard...

One of the best parts of teaching first grade are the first graders.

They are a lot of work, but they are a lot of fun!

And they say the darndest things!

On Friday I was explaining to the 1st graders that we would be having 4th grade buddies.  I told them what fun things we would do with them and how they were so excited to be their buddies.

So I started telling them the names of their buddies.  (Now, keep in mind this is my 1st year at this school and I don't know any of the kids here and since I didn't get last names, I didn't even know if any of them were siblings).  Every once in awhile I would ask if they knew the buddy who they were assigned.  None of them said yes.

Then it came to this one 6 year old boy.  Upon telling him the name of his 4th grade buddy he shouts "Yeah!"

I'm thinking...yeah means he knows this boy.  So I asked, "Is he a friend of yours?"

"No," he answers, "I just like the sound of his name."

Seriously!  This is what this 6 year old said!  Are kids getting older these days or what? lol


No comments:

Post a Comment