Friday, April 17, 2015

Earth Day is April 22nd

Happy almost Earth Day!

I am hoping that the warm weather finds us up here in North Idaho.  I need to warm up my bones a bit.  Not much snow this winter, but since the official first day of spring we have had a storm every week that has dropped a few inches of white stuff on us.

Things are still freezing into the 20's at night and my bulbs are shaking in their leaves!  It looks like Earth Day might be more like what people traditionally consider the first day of Spring in these parts.  From today until Earth day, our temps are supposed to finally hit the low 70's during the day!  Yeah! But just to keep us on our toes, the nights will still drop down into the 30's...brrrr!

Earth Day is on Wednesday, April 22nd.  In our school it will probably be an Earth Week.  Monday is Art so that is when I will do my Art project.  Tuesday is when I do my whole class writing cuz that's one of the few days I have my whole class.  Wednesday we will plant something...not sure what yet. Thursday is supposed to be computer lab, but it turns into science day after spring break each year because the upper grades take over the computer labs for ISAT's. And then on Friday we have Garbage Pick-Up Day around our little town.  Each class takes gloves, big garbage bags and their hiking shoes, picks a street and starts walking and picking up trash.  They love being out of the classroom and so do I!

Here is the project that will encompass my writing and art this next week.  The kiddos love it!

You can find it on TPT...for only $3.  15 pages of fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment